Wednesday, November 07, 2012

I'm a Republican, sort of

I can't say that I am a staunch Republican, but I tend to vote for Republicans. But sometimes I like Democrats. I have friends who are devoted Democrats. I tend to refrain from political debates and conversations most of the time because they usually get pretty heated, and I am really not that educated in politics these days. However, I want to say that I don't think I am a racist, an elitist, or a woman kept back from success because of greedy, overbearing men. These are false ideals. I don't know where people get off saying these things about Republicans because I don't think those are the things I support and therefore I would not support anyone else who did. But thus far, the people I have supported share my ideals for a better America, stronger families, more economic equality. Wealthy people should not be punished for being wealthy. Poor people should not be punished for being poor. White, black, Hispanic, Asian, Indian, whatever... who cares. Do you love America? Are you proud to live here and enjoy your freedoms? Then do what our forefathers would have done - pray for those who are now leading this country regardless of their party affiliation, regardless of your vote, regardless of where you stand. Support them and do your part in your community to make a difference. I don't see how accusing each other of things that are largely untrue and at this point irrelevant makes this world and this country a better place.

No comments: