Tuesday, November 13, 2012

He likes me

My day started out with a conversation with Grant that went something like this:

G: I like you, mom.
Me: I like you too.
G: I love you too.
Me: I love you too, Grant.

Then he smiles and finishes eating his cereal. He had a similar conversation with Cameron. That kid is adorable.

The rest of the day went something like this: playing with friends, a meltdown by John on the way home complete with prostration on the wet ground in front of the grocery store saying, "I can't do it." Meaning, I can't walk the 5 blocks home. Then there was lunch which ended in crying by Grant because I removed him from the table after he started throwing pieces of his sandwich on the floor. Then there was some simultaneous stillness while G and F napped. John and I talked about panama and built freight ships out of Legos. Ok, so I built them. Then John destroyed them. We went on a walk that lasted only about 30 min before they started saying they wanted to go home. Meltdown by Grant who wanted me to carry him 3 blocks home. Then John started complaining that his ear hurt and wanted to take a rest. He fell asleep as I knew he would. He's been out ever since. That was at 5. Fiona went to bed at 6:30 and Grant at 7. I cleaned up, wrote up some old lesson plans and some new ones and thought a lot about my little people. They are awesome.

Now it's past my bedtime and my eyes are heavy.

No comments: