Monday, November 14, 2011

Exactly one month later

 I can't remember when my blogging has been this bad. A whole month has gone by without a post. We had some visitors... Cameron's dad spent a day or two with us while he was here on business and my parents were here for a week. The kids were pampered and I was able to make dinner most nights without children tugging on my legs. 

We were able to go to see Hugh Jackman on Broadway because of a freak snowstorm here in the tri-state area that made it impossible for Cameron's sister Eliza who had the tickets to get into the city. Thanks, Lize. The show was amazing. Loved it. Probably one of the best shows I have seen. It's no secret that I share some disdain for Broadway these days. I am tired of movies being made into Broadway shows and shows that lack real thoughtful playwrighting. Hugh was a breath of fresh air and laughs. He was real, the songs were classic, it was under 2 hours and absolutely entertaining. My faith has been restored that it is possible to have a good Broadway show.

Other than that, we have been enjoying the beautiful fall weather, abnormally high November temperatures, the prolonged leaf peeping season in the city and a variety of other normal Fall activities, including nasty colds that have pretty much kept us home for the past 3 days. We did manage to take a nice walk yesterday to Riverside Park despite our coughs and runny noses.







No comments: