Thursday, August 06, 2009

I have the coolest kid

I love my son. He's so much fun to be around and he makes people happy. That makes me happy. I think he's special that way. He's not shy... at all. He will go up to anyone anywhere. On the train he usually singles someone out and stares at them until he gets their attention. Then he smiles big and gives them a laugh. They can't help but smile back at him. I love seeing people who get on the subway all crusty and hard get off all soft and squishy.
A while back we went over to the rings in Riverside Park. There was a gentleman there with his boys playing a harmonica. JH was happy to climb up and down the stairs a million times until the harmonica came out. He stopped, listened, got closer, clapped, danced and made lots of people smile. That's my boy.

3 comments:

Rebecca Smylie said...

I love him too. He really is an exceptionally cute little boy.

Mom said...

Music is amazing - it touches the heart. And a smile can melt anyone. JHK has one of the best smiles. Love you guys.

naomi megan. said...

i know! my heart sank when we scanned the pews at church in harlem for you guys on sunday and didn't see you...

we'll be back for labor day weekend and hopefully you guys will be around too! i need to see this little walking boy of yours...

in the meantime, you guys need to come visit dc!