Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Oh, yeah... Happy 5th Anniversary

After 4 years of really sad and pathetic anniversaries, we promised ourselves that number 5 would be the redeeming year. Well, thank you Stake Conference for ruining it yet again. We spent the day digging in the backyard, going to the Primary Easter activity, cleaning, doing laundry... then Cameron left me to go to the leadership meeting. I had to feed the boys, get them bathed and ready to go to the evening meeting of Stake Conference. Why, you ask, would I do that? Well, there aren't enough babysitters to go around, so either only one of us goes to the meeting (most likely it would be Cameron since he was already there) or we both go and take the kids. I heard about 37% of the meeting. Kind of like weekly Sacrament meetings. As we walked to the train with 2 tired boys, I mentioned that we were probably the only people on the planet who would not only go to Stake Conference on their 5th Anniversary, but take their kids with them. Lame. I had cereal for dinner.

There is always next year.

On a happier note, we did go see Once the Musical last Saturday as sort of an anniversary date. It was a good show. I generally feel disappointment with Broadway shows, but this was an exception. Not much can top good talent... and a practically all acoustic show. It's not everyday you get actors who can really act, sing and play their own instruments.

And I got to spend 3 hours in the morning waiting in line for rush tickets with my cousin Stephanie. Not a bad way to spend the morning.

Here's to 5 years and the hope of an awesome anniversary to come.

No comments: