Thursday, June 10, 2010

A resourceful man and a few favorites

You can tell it's been a month since I uploaded photos from my camera to the computer because I am posting 4 times in one day. On Memorial Day, Cameron had one of his really good ideas (Cameron has lots of really good ideas. I only veto some of them.) He wanted to make a little grill out of a can, and there was success. Ian and Allison came over to enjoy said barbecue, and we feasted on hot dogs, baked beans and smores. We finished the evening reading some of John Henry Kelly's World War II memoirs in honor of him and remembering all those who have fought for our freedoms and rights. And, yes, we have used the can grill since, and we will probably use it again.And I just love these pictures of John.
This is what John looks like after I let him play around the park without worrying what he's getting into. Let's just say he went to straight to the tub, and then I had to scrub the tub.

4 comments:

Turbo said...

Hey, I think that Cameron and I may have the exact same toolbox! Hehe. I love the homespun grill. Well done.

Eliza said...

Hot dog! that looks like some serious fun...

Anonymous said...

Trendsetters! You two are just thrifty little trendsetters.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/16/dining/16grill.html?ref=dining
Thought of you when I saw this today.
-Jess

Sunny said...

I had a completely different vision of this when you explained it to me today. Cameron's vision makes more sense. Clever indeed. Nice work.