Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Little Chef

JH loves the kitchen. He loves everything in the kitchen. When I am cooking, he always wants to help, and lately he will pull a chair up to the counter with mixing bowl and whisk in hand to offer his services. I usually let him dump the flour into the bowl or stir supervised, but I decided on Sunday morning that he deserved a chance to do it himself. So we made pancakes together. I put the ingredients in the bowl and he mixed it up. He did a pretty good job and didn't make too big of a mess. Now all he wants to do is stir. He got some additional practice after church with some flour, water and salt. It was fun until he tried to eat it.
Also, there is no mistaking it... this is my son. He loves cookies... almost to tears.

6 comments:

Kjelstrom Family said...

Definitely your son! Already has a flare for baking and his head doesn't even hit the counter yet. What a handsome little boy you have. Love you Nikks!

Eliza said...

Oh, John-o! Nice to see you enjoying the wonderful world of the kitchen. And may I add that you look swell wearing chocolate, just swell!

kimberly said...

Gorgeous photos. Awesome family bonding. Incredibly adorable boy. Lucky Nikki :)

Ann said...

Man, what a darling little guy.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Such a cutie! Morgan also loves to help me cook and always pulls up a chair to help out. It is hard to let go and let him make a mess but he seems so proud of himself when I let him. John Henry is getting so big, I cannot believe it!

naomi megan. said...

adorable.