Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday and she is celebrating here. She is with my aunt and I expect they will have a full and fun day ahead of them. I think this is an ideal way to spend your birthday when you are older, especially since you get in for free.

My mom is marvelous. JH and I spent last week with her in Las Vegas, and we had a great time. Grandma took JH to the park, the pool and to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. I took him to In 'n Out where he chowed on fries, a burger and a chocolate shake. Cameron would have been proud. My mom loves being a grandma. She loves all of her grandkids and doesn't hesitate to spoil them with all kinds of things but most especially love.

She's the most generous and selfless person I know, and I am pretty sure I owe her lots of money, which I will never really be able to repay her so I just keep telling her that her payment will come in care when she gets old. She never complains and is always helping people, including her progenitors. She is awesome at doing her family history and spends a lot of time in the archives and journeying to cemeteries when she comes to New York.

In short, my mom is a marvel and I love her. Happy Birthday, Mom!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thank you honey. I do love my grandkids - they are the greatest. I loved having you visit.