Friday, December 05, 2008

Christmas Kelly style

I love Christmas time for all its wonderful aromas, tastes and sights... not to mention the parties and giving and the Savior that really make it a dream of a holiday season. We have been embracing it all so far.

On Monday, we went to Winter's Eve down by Lincoln Center where all the local restaurants put up booths and sell their food for a couple of dollars. There are also bands playing, people on stilts, people making balloon animals for the kids, and all around good holiday fun. I happened to be browsing in Williams-Sonoma waiting for Cameron and had the fortunate accident of being first in line for their amazing hot chocolate and peppermint bark - all thanks to the little man who was melting ladies' hearts all over the place with his infectious smile. Unfortunately, it all started around the little man's bedtime (6pm... we have no night life), so we didn't last long, but we enjoyed the ambiance of the night.We then decorated our tree (I was walking on Broadway near 96th street yesterday and saw they were selling trees half the size of mine for $80 which made me feel pretty good about what we spent on ours), which has ornaments this year since I shipped the majority of my things back last Christmas from home. Yay!! So here is a little bit of Christmas at our house...Finally, getting ready for our annual Christmas and Caroling party tonight. I made gingerbread cookies yesterday and will be preparing baked brie and more wassail later. Oh... I just love Christmas!

6 comments:

whitney williams said...

Those pictures all make me feel so Christmassy!!! I just started decorating our house and we're getting our tree this weekend so that should be fun!

scott and linds said...

what a fun night you guys had!! I didn't even know that they did a winter's eve party in lincoln center- that is great! Thanks again for the party - great food, great friends, great hosts!! Happy holidays!

Rebecca Smylie said...

They were incredible gingerbread cookies. And your tree! Oh how I covet your tree. (and your hair)

Ann said...

Yep, this post alone could get me in the Christmas spirit! I LOVE your tree! Is it a spruce? I also love the mantel above your fireplace. So beautiful...

kimberly said...

Isn't it such a bummer when your little portable baby grows up a bit and you now are more constrained by a pressing bedtime? Yes. I know the feeling. Our nightlife is also limited - and we tend to drag the girls around with us anyways. hehe :) But JHK is too stinkin adorable! Love his sweet little faces. And I love all of your gorgeous Christmas photos! Miss you!

Oliver & Margy said...

Beautiful pictures!! The 5 Christmas balls i decorated at last year's enrichment are our only decorations we've got this year. I've had to listen to an extra dose of Christmas music to make up for it. I'm glad you decorate so we can enjoy.