Thursday, November 15, 2007

Here's to you

I wasn't expecting thanks or gratitude. I wasn't expecting a record time. And I certainly wasn't expecting a gift. Because really, Reach the Beach is sort of a gift in and of itself. What looks like just a crazy and insane thing to do is so much more than just running 200 miles through New Hampshire overnight. It's an experience worth having... over and over again. I've blogged about it before, but it never really seems to capture the spirit of the experience. I love my team. They are the reason I do this. To see them finish 200 miles with smiles on their faces and to come out of it saying that it was not only fun but something worth repeating gives me more fulfillment and satisfaction than had I just gone out 2 weeks ago and run the NYC Marathon. We had a reunion party last night (thanks for your hospitality and hard work Ann Marie), and it was so fun to get together and share stories, reminisce and plan for another year. They are not just my team. They are my friends. Thank you for making thie year's race fun and memorable. Thank you for being on my team. Thank you for being who you are and working so hard together. This one's for you, and here's to another year!

No comments: