Friday, August 03, 2007

Anticipation

It's kind of strange how you can spend 18 years of your life with your family seeing them everyday and being a natural part of each other's lives and then as you get older you see them less and less - at least in my case. On average I see my family maybe twice a year. Twice. That's crazy. And now, when I visit my family (which is kind of crazy because my parents are divorced so I have lots of moms, dads, brothers, sisters, grandparents who live all over the map... it's insane), it seems that usually someone is missing. I can't remember the last time all of us kids were together. It's been years. I thought it might happen at the wedding, but unfortunately my little brother Marcus graduated from college on the same day. Bad timing.

However, this weekend, my little sister and her husband and new baby daughter Dylann are getting sealed in the Columbus, OH temple and then blessing Dylann on Sunday at church. All of us kids will be there. Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins are coming from all over to be there for this weekend. It's going to be so fun to be with everyone again... kind of like it was when I was 10 :) except this time Cameron will be with me. Everyone will be able to meet him and talk to him outside of the wedding scenario.

Unfortunately, it will be a fast trip... 48 hours. I have no vacation, so that means out after work today and back on Sunday night. But I don't care. It will be fun and I wouldn't miss this for anything. I have to take advantage of the opportunities to see as much family at once as I can because I am not sure when this will happen again.

1 comment:

Doug and Dawn said...

Hey Nikki, that is so fun that you get to see your family. I know, now that I am out here in SC I don't know how often we will get to see our family and it makes me sad. Anyways I hope you have a great time and make some memories.