Monday, June 25, 2007

A long Muse

My best friend growing up kept telling me that he was going to give me the best gift out of anyone for my wedding. When I saw him in Las Vegas, he told me it wasn't ready yet and then I sort of just forgot about it. I was a little skeptical although I shouldn't have been because he is a pretty thoughful person. I received his gift last Friday - a bound book of all the Muses I have written as Nikki Purdy with a forward comprised of tributes from my friends. When I looked at it, I nearly broke down in tears.

It's a big book... much bigger than I thought it would be, but I have been doing this for almost 6 years now. That's a lot of musings. I read the things my friends had to say about me, and they were all so nice. I felt very loved. I spent a little time reading some of the old Muses since I haven't done that in a while, and it was fun to see where I was in my life 5 years ago and what my writing was like. I look forward to reading more of it.

Perhaps there will be more volumes under the name Nikki Kelly...

2 comments:

Lindsey F. said...

What an awesome gift!! That's something that will always mean so much to you. Too cool!

Ann said...

Oh, man, Nikki. That IS a cool gift! You're kids will lOVE reading it!